Jes Scheinpflug, MSW
Jes prides themself on building genuine connections & partnerships. They advocate for social & economic justice issues including racial equity, LGBTQIA rights, fair & affordable housing, living wage & immigration reform.
They prioritize initiatives that address systems of oppression while simultaneously empowering people & ensuring all voices are heard, especially in decision-making processes.
Jes values grassroots organizing, with a belief that collaboration & solidarity are necessary for true [r]evolution.
They are the Development Director for Nothing Without a Company, a nonprofit threatre company that provides safe space for queer folks & POC to develop new art. Since 2014, Jes has also been on the Board of Directors of Expanding Lives, a nonprofit based in Chicago that empowers West African women who are the first in their families to attend high school.
Jes is an RPCV who served in Togo from 2010-2012. They received their BSW from Illinois State University & their MSW from Loyola University Chicago.
- 06/21/2017, Windy City Times: 18th Annual 30 Under 30 Awards
- 06/01/2017, The Daily Northwestern: EPL librarian Lesley Williams to face possible termination on Friday
- 04/18/2017, Northbrook Patch: ... Letter to Local LGBTQ-Friendly Businesses 'Touches Hearts, Spurs Action'
- 03/29/2017, Truthout: When the Movement Itself Tears Us Down
- 02/13/2017, Winnetka Patch: Community discussion to state core beliefs, plan local action
- 11/30/2016, Windy City Times: Chicago woman alleges CPD attack during protest
- 11/10/2016, charles-clarke.com: Open Letter to the CPD, from a Peaceful Protester
- 09/07/2016, DNAinfo: After Pro-Police Ribbon Dust-Up, Woman Adds Rainbow To Garfield Ridge Trees
- 06/22/2016, RedEye: Chicago's gay bars and clubs are beefing up security post-Orlando
- 04/24/2016, Evanston Patch: Inclusive Groups Unite Against Anti-Muslim Hate in Evanston
- 05/02/2016, Chicago Tribune: McDonald's workers, teachers rally in separate suburban May Day events
- 02/17/2016, The Daily Northwestern: Fair housing agency reaches settlement to improve accessibility standards
- 02/11/2016, StopMassIncarceration: Loyola Social Work Students: No More Stolen Lives Tour
- 12/10/2015, Uncustomary: Volunteering: Self Love, Altruism, Or What?
- 12/08/2015, Mic: Here's What No One Ever Tells You About Bisexuality
- 07/16/2015, Daily North Shore: The March Continues in Winnetka